Non F-1 Students
- Domestic / Non F-1 visa students are eligible for a full refund of their initial tuition deposit excluding fees (i.e. Application, parking etc.) if they notify American Language Center in writing about their withdrawal at least three business days prior to their first day of classes. Monthly or any other fees after the initial deposit are nonrefundable.
F-1 visa from abroad:
- Students who applied for an F-1 visa from abroad and received an entry visa are not eligible for a refund of their tuition deposit or any other fees.
- Students who applied for an F-1 visa from abroad and received a denial on their visa application are eligible for a refund of their tuition deposit excluding fees.
Change of Status to F-1 visa:
- Students who applied for a change of status to F-1 visa in the United States and received an approval on the application are not eligible for a refund of their tuition deposit or any other fees. Refunds will not be issued if USCIS has not yet made a decision on the change of status application.
- Students who applied for a change of status in the United States and received a denial on their USCIS application are refunded the cost of the remaining prepaid sessions excluding fees. No refund is issued if:
- if a denial is due to an incomplete submission of the application for a change of status,
- for abandoning the application (leaving the United States before a decision has been made on your application),
- due to a failure to respond or due to an incomplete response to a USCIS Request for Evidence.
- for failing to maintain their current status (Example: failing to extend their current status until the USCIS makes a decision on the change of status application to an F-1 visa).
F-1 Transfer students:
- Students who transfer to American LC from another SEVP approved school are not eligible for a refund of their tuition deposit or any other fees.
*All refund requests are processed within forty-five days after the initial written refund request. Fees are not refundable. There will be no refund for unauthorized withdrawals. (For example, not showing up for classes). Other restrictions apply.